Building Enclosure Design Guide
Wood-Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings
Described as the industry’s most widely accepted reference on building enclosures, it’s an invaluable resource for builders, architects, designers, industry educators and others.
The Guide explores the latest research, design and construction best practices. It offers practical solutions to ensure high-performance in new multi-unit residential construction. This includes building enclosure design and best practices for wood-frame construction in five and six-storey mid-rise buildings.
This comprehensive 290-page illustrated Guide:
- Outlines design and construction best practices
- Explores building enclosure performance issues and solutions
- Presents design guidelines for assemblies, details, components and materials
- Describes building enclosure systems and related Building Code requirements
- Covers energy provisions for the building enclosure
- Addresses maintenance and renewal planning
The Guide was developed by the Province of B.C. in partnership with the HPO and industry. It is endorsed by the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC) and the Architectural Institute of BC (AIBC).
View Video Testimonials
Preview the Guide
You can order the printed Guide online for $70 CAD (plus taxes and shipping). Local and international shipping is available. The HPO’s Online Store is hosted by GiftTool, a trusted provider of secure web-delivered e-commerce solutions.
Message from the Minister
For More Information
- What's New
- Builders & Developers
- Compliance & Enforcement
- Owner Builders
- Research & Education
- Act & Regulations
- Dispute Resolution
- About the HPO